Long stay work visa sponsored by the employer (OFII)

EMPLOYER SPONSORED VISA / O.F.I.I. More than 90 days, valid for France only
Processing of long stay visas takes a minimum of 5 working days.

Procedure for the work permit:

1. Applicant must obtain an offer of employment in France.

2. The employer in France must file an application for working papers at the relevant Labour Department (Direction Régionale des Entreprises, de la Concurrence, de la Consommation, du Travail et de l’Emploi - DIRECCTE) for the prospective employee. If the applicant is married, the employee must state, when applying, so that visas can be authorized for accompanying family members.

3. When the file is approved by the O.F.I.I., it will be sent to the French Consulate, from which the applicant will receive a letter in order to make an appointment.

Visa requirements:

This Consulate will only accept applications from residents of the States of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Bermuda.

Please be advised that visa applications by mail are not accepted.

You may not apply more than 90 days prior to your departure.

Please submit the following documents in original and 1 copy per applicant

Attention: The Visa Section does not make any photocopies. Therefore, you must bring your documents and the required copies.

1 application form and 2 passport photographs
The form must be completely and legibly filled in with black or blue ink, signed by the applicant and dated. The photos must be recent, passport size - 2" x 2" (4,5cm x 4,5cm) and showing the full face, the forehead hairline and ears on a white background ; pictures must be without glasses, no scarf, nor hat, no smile.

Passport or travel document (+ 1 copy of identity and validity pages) (Refugee Travel Documents are not accepted for long stays, over 90 days) valid for at least three months following the last day of your stay in France. It must have been issued less than 10 years ago (first issuance). Make sure the passport has at least two blank pages left for visa purpose. Only these pages can be endorsed with the visa. Amendment pages can in no way be used for visas.

For non-US citizens: A U.S.A. residency card (Green Card) or I-551 stamp, or a valid U.S.A. visa with I-94 and IAP66 or I-20 when applicable or an Advanced Parole, which must be valid for at least 90 days beyond the last day in France. (+ 1 copy)

A spouse, minor child(ren), and/or adult child(ren) and dependent(s) must prove their status in the U.S.A. and relation to the holder of the work permit (copy of marriage certificate and/or birth certificate) in order to follow the same procedure.

Click here to make an appointment.

Last modified on 29/12/2016

top of the page