Short stay work visa for scientist

Up to 90 days

The French Consulate will only accept applications from residents of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Bermuda.

We do NOT accept applications from B1/B2 visa holders. They must apply in their country of residence.

Please be advised that visa applications by mail are not accepted.

The Consular Administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant. Obtaining a visa is not always guaranteed and does not in itself grant you the right to enter a French or Schengen territory. It is therefore necessary that you always carry with you the original documents used to obtain the visa.

You may not apply more than 90 days prior to your departure.

Please submit the following documents in original and 1 copy of each per applicant

Attention: The Visa Section does not make any photocopies. Therefore, you must bring your documents and the required copies.


1 application form and 2 passport photographs according to the duration of stay indicated on the "Protocole d’accueil" or "Convention d’accueil". The form must be completely and legibly filled in with black or blue ink, signed by the applicant and dated. The photos must be recent, passport size - 2" x 2" (4,5cm x 4,5cm) and showing the full face, the forehead hairline and ears on a white background, without glasses, no scarf, nor hat and no smile.

1 OFFI form. Please only complete the top part refering to: "Rubrique à remplir lors de la demande de visa". Make sure the dates are stated in this order: day, month, year.

Passport (+ 1 copy of identity validity pages) valid for at least three months following the last day of your stay in France. It must have been issued less than 10 years ago (first issuance). Make sure the passport has at least two blank pages left for visa purpose. Only these pages can be endorsed with the visa. Amendment pages can in no way be used for visas. A long stay visa cannot be issued in a Refugee Travel Document or Re-entry Permit.

For non-US citizens
A U.S.A. residency card (Green Card) or I-551 stamp, or a valid U.S.A. visa with I-94 and IAP66 or I-20 when applicable or an Advanced Parole, which must be valid for at least 90 days beyond the last day in France. (+ 1 copy)

Original of the agreement "Convention d’accueil" (+ 1 copy)

Click here to make an appointment.


Last modified on 29/12/2016

top of the page