The annual Francophone film festival : Focus on French Cinema
The 13th edition of the Francophone film festival returns to Connecticut and Manhattan for a week-long festival from March 27–April 2. Join us !
Focus on French Cinema (FFC), the annual Francophone film festival has announced an exciting lineup of over 20 films, including multiple César nominations and an award-winning selection of short films, as well as a "New This Year" Tribute to Québec.
The 13th edition of Focus on French Cinema offers a diverse slate of newly- released feature-length and short films in multiple genres, including drama, comedy, romance, documentary, animation, and family films, exploring contemporary topics that challenge the mind and encourage discussion on subjects as varied as social harmony, artistic and literary adventure, exploration and discovery, hope, resilience, and passion.
In-Person appearances :
Philippe Azoulay, Olivier Babinet, Dominique Besnehard, Jan Cousteau, Anne Émond, Yan England, Patrick Fabre, Claude Lelouch, Mylène MacKay, Aïssa Maïga, Théodore Pellerin, Antoine Olivier Pilon, Marie-Castille Mention-Schaar, Noémie Saglio, Emile Schneider, and more to be announced.
Claude Lelouch will be the honored guest of the Festival that celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the restoration of "A Man and A Woman"( Un Homme et Une Femme). He will be attending the screening of his movie.
List of the Films promoted this year :
- A Man and a Woman (Un homme et une femme) 50th-Anniversary Restored Edition; Claude Lelouch
- Baby Bumps (Telle mère, telle fille); Noemie Saglio
- Heaven Will Wait (Le Ciel attendra); Marie-Castille Mention-Schaar
- Swagger; Olivier Babinet
- He Even Has Your Eyes (Il a déjà tes yeux); Lucien Jean-Baptiste
- A Pact Among Angels (Le Pacte des anges); Richard Angers
- Bad Seeds (Les Mauvaises herbes); Louis Bélanger, Alexis Martin
- 1:54; Yan England
- Latest News from the Cosmos (Dernières nouvelles du cosmos); Julie Bertuccelli
- It’s Only the End of the World - Juste la fin du monde ; Xavier Dolan
- Foreign Body (Corps étranger); Raja Amari
- The Odyssey (L’Odyssée); Jérôme Salle
- Nelly; Anne Emond
- Journey through French Cinema (Voyage à travers le cinéma français); Bertrand Tavernier
- Heal the Living (Réparer les vivants); Katell Quillévéré
- The Dancer (La Danseuse); Stephanie Di Giusto
- Hissein Habré, A Chadian Tragedy (Hissein Habré, une tragédie tchadienne); Mahamat-Saleh Haroun
- My Life as a Zucchini (Ma vie de courgette); Claude Barras
Tickets, Screening location and more information available at www.focusonfrenchcinema.org